Each hard gelatin capsule contains:
– Active ingredients:
Healsec 10 mg Hard Gelatin Capsules
Omeprazole ……………………… 10 mg
Healsec 20 mg Hard Gelatin Capsules
Omeprazole ……………………… 20 mg
Healsec 40 mg Hard Gelatin Capsules
Omeprazole ……………………… 40 mg
As a maintenance therapy for treatment of peptic ulcer, oesophageal ulcer, duodenal ulcer as well as oesophagitis. It is also used for the prophylaxis of NSAID-associated gastric ulcer, gastroduodenal erosion and dyspeptic symptoms in patients with a previous history of gastroduodenal lesions that require continued NSAID treatment.
Dosage & administration:
– Healsec should be taken immediately before meals, preferably in the morning and swallowed whole with liquid. For those who have difficulty in swallowing, the capsules can be opened and intact granules within can be sprinkled on a tablespoon or mixed with fruit juice or yoghurt and swallowed immediately without chewing.
– Peptic ulcer & reflux oesophagitis: 20 – 40 mg as a single daily dose for 4 – 8 weeks.
For prevention of relapse of peptic ulcer: 10 mg once daily.
– Acid related dyspepsia & heartburn: 10 – 20 mg once daily for 2 – 4 weeks according to response.
– NSAID-associated duodenal or gastric ulcer and gastro duodenal erosions: 20 – 40 mg once daily for 4 weeks, depending on whether the NSAID is continued or not. Further 4 weeks could follow, if needed.
– Prophylaxis in patients with a history of NSAID-associated duodenal or gastric ulcers, gastro duodenal lesions, or dyspeptic symptoms who require continued NSAID treatment: In a clinical study, omeprazole 10 mg once daily has been used successfully for the prevention of relapse in susceptible patients.
– Zollinger-Ellison syndrome: 60 – 80 mg & up to 180 mg daily in divided doses for long term treatment.
Package & Storage:
– Carton box containing plastic pack of 7 & 14 hard gelatin capsules & insert leaflets.
– Store at a temperature not exceeding 30ºC in a dry place.
– Not to be used except under medical supervision.