Each tablet contains:
– Active ingredients:
Itopride hydrochloride…… . .. . … … … …50 mg
– Itopride hydrochloride activates gastrointestinal propulsive motility due to its dopamine D2 antagonizingactivity and acetyl cholinesterase inhibitory activity. It activates acetylcholine release and inhibits itsdegradation.
– Itopride hydrochloride also has antiemetic action through interaction with D2 receptors located in thechemoreceptor trigger zone.
-Itopride hydrochloride has been shown to accelerate gastric emptying in humans.
-The action of ltopride hydrochloride is highly specific forthe upper gastrointestinal tract. Itopride hydrochloridedoes not affect serum gastrin levels.
Itopride hydrochloride is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal symptoms of:
– Functional dyspepsia.
– Non-ulcer dyspepsia (chronic gastritis) i.e.: sensation of bloating, early satiety, upper abdominal pain ordiscomfort, anorexia, heartburn, nausea & vomiting.
Dosage & administration:
-The recommended dose of Itopride hydrochloride for adult patients is 150 mg daily [one tablet (50 mg) takenorally three times a day before meals).
– The dose may be reduced according to the patient’s age & symptoms.
Package & Storage:
– Carton box containing a blister (PVc/Alu) of 10 tablets.
– Store in a dry place at a temperature not exceeding to 250 C away from sunlight.
– To be used under physician supervision