Cream / Ointment
First aid antibiotic & pain reliever
Each 1g of cream contains:
Polymyxin B Sulphate ……… 10,000 U
Neomycin …………………………. 3.5 mg
Pramoxine HCI …………………… 10 mg
- Neospore-P.R. Cream/Ointment are a very effective product containing a good combination of Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulphate (in addition to Bacitracin in Neospore-P.R. Ointment) which has a wide range of antibacterial activity beside Pramoxine HCI, which is an effective local anaesthetic for the relief of pain and itching associated with minor skin conditions.
- Neospore-P.R. Cream/Ointment have a wide spectrum of action that covers most bacterial pathogens capable of causing external infection of the skin.
- Polymyxin B Sulphate acts primarily by binding to and changing the permeability of the bacterial cytoplasmic membrane. The aminoglycoside Neomycin inhibits bacterial protein synthesis whereas the bactericidal polypeptide antibiotic Bacitracin inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis.
First aid helping to prevent infection & to provide temporary relief of pain or discomfort in minor cuts, scrapes & burns.
Dosage and administration:
- For adults & children 2 years of age and older: Apply a small amount of the product on the affected area 1 to 3 times daily. May be covered with a sterile bandage.
- Children under 2 years of age: Consult a physician.
Precautions and warnings:
- Do not use in the eyes or apply over large areas of the body.
- Stop use & consult physician if the condition persists or gets worse after more than 1 week of treatment.
- Do not use for more than 1 week unless directed by a physician. Prolonged use of antibiotics may result in overgrowth of nonsusceptible organisms.
Package and storage:
- Tube of 15 g cream or ointment.
- Store at a temperature below 25 C.
- To be used under medical supervision.