Each 5 ml syrup contains:
Prednisolone sodium phosphate ….……………… 6.7 mg.
(equivalent to 5 mg prednisolone base)
Predsol Forte syrup:
Each 5 ml syrup contains :
Prednisolone sodium phosphate….……………… 20.1 mg.
(equivalent to 15 mg prednisolone base)
– Prednisolone sodium phosphate is a syntheticadrenocortical steroid derivative with predominantly
glucocorticoidal properties, possessing anti-inflammatoryand immunosuppressive actions. It is well absorbed fromthe GIT following oral administration with a 20% higher
peak plasma level at an earlier time than prednisolonetablet.
– The administration of prednisolone sodium phosphatein a sugar free syrup with taste enhanced characteristicsallows for proper dosage adjustment and better patientsacceptability.
• Bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, serum sickness, drug hypersensitivityreactions.
• Pemphigus, exfoliative dermatitis, generalized eczema,urticaria, pruritus.
• Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, secondary thrombocytopenia, autoimmune hemolytic anemia.
• Acute leukemia and aggressive lymphomas in adults andchildren.
• Idiopathic nephrotic syndrome without uremia.
• Rheumatoid arthritis and other rheumatic affections,gouty arthritis, psoriasisarthropathic, spondylitis, bursitis,tenosynovitis, epicondylitis, polymylagia rheumatic,
Sjogren’s syndrome, polychondritis, systemic lupuserythematosus and certain types of vasculitis.
• Acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis.
• Ulcerative colitis.
Dosage and administration:
– Dosages of the products must be individualized and arevariable depending on the nature and severity of thedisease, and on patient’s response. If therapy is continuousfor more than 2 weeks, withdrawal must be gradual.
• Adults: 5 – 60 mg/ day as a single dose or in 3 or 4 divided
• Children: 0.14 – 2 mg/kg/day, given in 3 or 4 divided doses.
– The defined product should be administrated with meals.
Storage and Presentation:
– Predsol Syrup: a bottle contains 50 ml syrup, and insert
– Predsol Forte Syrup: a bottle contains 60 or 100 ml syrup,
and insert leaflet.
– Store protected from light at a temperature not exceeding
– To be used only under physician’s supervision