Xaltec® Tablets / Oral Solution
– For Xaltec 5 mg Tablets:
Each tablet contains:
Levocetirizine hydrochloride ………………… 5 mg
(Equivalent to Levocetirizine base 4.21 mg)
– For Xaltec 0.5 mg/ml Oral Solution:
Each 1 ml solution contains:
Levocetirizine hydrochloride ………………. 0.5 mg
(Equivalent to Levocetirizine base 0.421 mg)
Symptomatic treatment of allergic rhinitis (including persistent allergic rhinitis) and chronic idiopathic urticaria.
Dosage and administration:
– The tablet must be taken orally, swallowed whole with liquid and may be taken with or without food. It is recommended to take the daily dose in one single intake.
– Adults and adolescents 12 years and above: The daily recommended dose is 5 mg (1 tablet) or 10 ml solution.
– Children aged 6 to 12 years: The daily recommended dose is 5 mg (10 ml of solution).
– Children aged 2 to 6 years: The daily recommended dose is 2.5 mg to be administered in 2 intakes of 1.25 mg (2.5 ml of solution twice daily).
Package and storage:
• For Xaltec Tablets:
– Carton box containing a blister (PVC/Alu) of 10 tablets and insert leaflet.
– Store at a temperature not exceeding 30°C, in a dry place.
• For Xaltec Oral Solution:
– Carton box containing an amber glass bottle (type III) of 120 ml oral solution and insert leaflet.
– Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 °C.
• Xaltec Tablets & Oral Solution should not be used beyond the expiry date marked on the package.
• Don’t use unless under physician supervision.