Contains elixir ml 5 Each :
Ingredients Active hydrochloride Oxybutynin ………………. 2.5 mg
Ingredients Inactive Sodium, cellulose Hydroxyethyl, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Sucralose & ,5 yellow FDC, flavour Banana, Glycerin, monohydrate acid Citric, citrate .water Purifi.
Dosages and administration:
– Adults: The usual dose is 2 teaspoons (5 mg/10 mL) of syrup two to three times a day. The maximum recommended dose is 2 teaspoons (5 mg/10 mL) of syrup four times a day. A lower starting dose of 2.5 mg two or three times a day is recommended for the frail elderly.
– Children (over 5 years)
- The usual dose is 2.5mg (5ml) twice each day.
- Your doctor may decide to increase this to 5mg (10ml) two or three times each day.
- If you are giving it to a child to prevent bedwetting, give the last dose just before bedtime.
- Treatment should be symptomatic and supportive. Activated charcoal as well as a cathartic may be administered.
- Overdosage with oxybutynin chloride has been associated with anticholinergic effects including central nervous system excitation (e.g., restlessness, tremor, irritability, convulsions, delirium, hallucinations), flushing, fever, dehydration, cardiac arrhythmia, vomiting, and urinary retention. Other symptoms may include hypotension or hypertension, respiratory failure, paralysis, and coma.
Package and storage:
– Carton box containing a bottle (glass) of 125 ml elixir and insert leaflet.
– Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 °C.
– Keep out of the reach of children.
– Do not use unless under physician supervisioninquiry