Neozolid 600 mg Tablets
Each tablet contains:
Azithromycin dihydrate ……………………… 628.8 mg
(Equivalent to Azithromycin anhydrous 600 mg)
Neozolid 600 mg Tabletsis indicated for the treatment of:
– Lower respiratory tract infections: Community-acquired pneumonia, acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, acute bronchitis due to Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catrarrhalis or Streptococcus pneumonia.
– Upper respiratory tract infections: Ear, nose and throat infections like tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media and pharyngitis.
– Skin or skin structure and soft tissue infections: Furunculosis and impetigo due to Staphylococcus aureus, S. pyogenes or S. agalactiae.
– Sexually transmitted diseases: due to N. gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis. Concurrant infection with Treponema pallidum should be excluded. Neozolid 600 mg Tabletsmay be also used in the treatment of Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) infections and in toxoplasmosis encephalitis.
– Neozolid 600 mg Tabletsshould be administered as a single daily dose at least 1 hour before food or 2 hours after.
– In mild to moderate acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic pulmonary disease, pneumonia, pharyngitis/tonsillitis and uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections. The dose is one tablet once daily for three days.
– For sexually transmitted diseases (caused by Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae) give a single dose of 2 tablets.
– For prevention of disseminated MAC infections give 2 tablets once weekly.
– For treatment of disseminated MAC infections give one tablet once daily. Additional antimycobacterial drug such as ethambutal might be added to the regimen.
Package and Storage:
– Carton box containing a blister (PVC/Alu) of 3 tablets and insert leaflet.
– Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 °C, in a dry place.
– Keep out of the reach of children.
– Do not use unless under physician supervision.